Sunday, November 30, 2008

How Lovely Are Your Branches

I have gone in search of the perfect Christmas tree in snow up to my knee's in 30 below weather, on four wheeler & by sled. I have also strolled through a Walmart parking lot by foot in search for a cheap tree.

Today was a new first...pouring down rain, pushing a stroller through a corn field through the mud and muck!


It definetly would have been better to have some snow to put us in the Christmas spirit, but we still had a great time on the 'search'.

Normally, it would take me a lot longer to find a perfectly uniformed tree, BUT when you have two young children in the pouring rain you learn to do it the fast way. So here it is, the tree that will adorn our living room over the next thirty days!
As you can see, Kaden is completly soaked. I think the people at the tree farm thought we were nuts to want to go and cut down our own tree.
At this point all Kaden wanted was some hot chocolate...so did we all!
It was a fun day. Home we go!












1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a good time?!? Oh my goodness, sort of glad my tree had to be assembled this year because I am not sure I'd have survived hunting for a tree in the pouring down rain!