Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fishing with Daddy

Today was the first day of fishing season. Brian got up early and headed out to the people-filled stream. Later in the morning he came back and got his new "Fishin' Buddy"! Kaden has been asking for days, if Today was the day they were going fishing?! Finally, the day was here. He requested a cheese sandwhich and a granola bar and off they went. While they fished, Ethan and I did some shopping (although he did say he wanted to go fishing.....I'm not sure Brian's ready for both of them!).
As soon as they got to the stream, Kaden started the morning off right by slipping in the mud and falling shin deep in the water( we need to get him some rubber boots). That didn't stop him. Later, Kaden called from the stream and was very excited about the fish he (and I mean Brian) caught. They had a great time. Kaden said he spit and threw sand in the stream to feed the fish....I now know why they didn't catch alot!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I CRACKED UP when I read that Kaden fell in the creek b/c I could just imagine Brian being like, "great." LOL . . . oh my goodness . . . it's hard to imagine he is big enough already to be fishing with his daddy. Time flies by way too fast.

Katie said...

That sounds like someone we all know... Hannah! It dosen't surprise me Kaden fell into the creek, though. I like how he "feeds the fish" too, isn't he a man...