Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cherries Anyone?

What do you get when you cross three eager adults (plus two kids) and six buckets? 62 pounds of cherries!

Yes, you did hear me right.

The reaction you had was probably the same as Mom, Dad and I when we weighed in. My guess was 23 pounds, mom's was 30....boy were we wrong!
So here are some pictures of our grand adventure.

Kaden and Pops on the ladder.....Kaden has no fear at all!

Ethan is perfectly happy to fill one bucket with himself. (Thank goodness for this or else we would have filled that with cherries too!!!)
Here is Grama, Pops, Kaden and Ethan. They are making sure that we fill that last bucket.Here we are back at the house with our treasures. Next year we will not be picking this many. Tonight I have already canned 12 jars and still have more to do! I will also make some cobbler's and share some fresh ones.
And here are the fruits of our labor!

What a day with great memories!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!!!! Where did you pick them- Cherry Hill?
Carla

Anonymous said...

YUM! Where are mine? LOL! I would love some fresh cherries. Looks like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

62lbs. of cherries! Holy Cats. Looks like you had fun. You will be eating cherries until they come out your ears!

Karen Frank said...

That is awesome! What a fun day together! Enjoy!