Friday, August 1, 2008

We're Back

We actually never went anywhere.....but in my mind I feel like I've been gone forever! The last few weeks have been filled with extreme busyness...which of course leads to extreme exhaustion. I won't even try to recount the steps of those days. Let's just say I look forward to slower days ahead so that I can see my husband again!


Yesterday, the boys and I went to Grandma and Pops'. It was round #1 of the corn picking! I don't know how many ears we husked but I think that it was 4 or 5 wheelbarrow's full!
Here Kaden is picking ears of corn. Pops was all worked up cause Kaden kept picking too young of ears!

Ethan helped move the corn from the ground to the bucket and then back to the ground. This also got Pops worked up!

Kaden helped husk. It was a lot of work!

The boys took a nice ride in the corvette after the job was done.

3 comments:

Gini Roskam said...

Oh boy do I ever want some of that corn. Sigh.....
I can just hear "Pops" fussing! LOL

Aunt Gini

Anonymous said...

You husked 48 dozen ears of corn. I think it was like 587 ears of corn?!? I know . . . we blanched it and froze it tonight. I am BEAT! We just got home about an hour ago and it's now 10:00. We had 89 bags of corn. We gave some to our family, friends and loved ones here in "Small Town"!

Karen Frank said...

How fun...and a lot of work! We too have been very busy and my blog is suffering...I'll be working on an update! Boys are so cute